PE and Sports Premium
The PE and Sports Premium is a funding stream from the government that aims to help primary schools ensure that children have access to high quality PE and sports activities.
The purpose of the funding is to:
- Develop or add to the PE and sports activity that our school provides
- Build capacity and ensure improvements are sustainable
Each class in our school has weekly PE lessons incorporating the National Curriculum objectives and covers the following:
- Indoor and outdoor sports such as – football, rugby, cricket, hockey, netball
Our school regularly participates in a range of competitive sports events allowing our children the opportunity to compete with other schools within our Trust as well as other local schools.
By the time children leave our school, they have had the opportunity to benefit from swimming lessons allowing us to secure the following outcomes for children:
- swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25 metres
- use a range of strokes effectively [for example, front crawl, backstroke and breaststroke]
- perform safe self-rescue in different water-based situations.